Thursday, October 2, 2008

Precious Smiles and Tender Hearts

I just wanted to let you know what I (Cynthia) have been doing in my spare time.:-) I’m going to school again! Well, almost. I am actually volunteering at our Church’s Academy in the Kindergarten class. I simply help the teacher, Karen Ponio, out once a week by preparing crafts and other items for her daily classes.

While helping with the crafts, I have also had some opportunities to assist with some of their academic studies. I thoroughly enjoy this work, and the children are so precious! The kids have so much energy and show a great deal of alacrity in their desire to learn. 

In one aspect, the kids and I are pretty much on the same level; they know very little English, and I know very little Tagalog.:-) Yet, because the Church Academy uses an American curriculum, the teacher encourages them to learn and practice their English with me. I enjoy working with them whenever we have the opportunity.

Here are a few pictures of the kids that I wanted to share with you. As you can see, they are fun and precious. I treasure the time I spend with them each week.:-)

"Smile for the camera!" (They love to get their picture taken and can make some of the cutest expressions!:->)


Here is what their desks (or "offices" as they call them:->) look like.


Energetic and enthusiastic teacher Karen!:-)


Sweet Shannon with her milk mustache.:-)


Jerico (this is his look when he's in deep thought:->)

Adorable Azineth!


John and Phebe with their lunch.:-)


The amazing kindergarten class and their teacher.:-)

3 comments:

Feeny Family said...

Way to go Mom! You are making life-time memories. You will forever be implanted in theses kid's memories=)

Megan said...

It was great to hear from you Mrs. Feeny!! The kids are soooo cute and look like they really enjoy spending time with you!

Akilez said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.