Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Day

Our family has always enjoyed Valentines Day. :-) There is just something special about giving heartfelt notes, preparing a delicious meal, sharing a loving smile, offering fragrant flowers, and showing other acts of love to the ones we cherish.

We hope that you all had a special holiday as you spent time with your loved ones! Our family had a memorable day.:-)
Although we did not do much in the area of gifs, we did enjoy spending time together, exchanging Valentine cards, and then taking a stroll in a nearby park as we soaked in the gorgeous weather (Lately the temperature has been in the upper 70s, which has been simply amazing and almost “chilly” after several days of 90 degree weather and high humidity.:->)

Also yesterday, we came across a Valentines e-card that had such a wonderful message about the love of God. We loved it so much that we would like to share it with you.:-)

“The Divine Valentine”

• A Valentine may play a love song for you, but God sings you the sweetest love song in the universe.
“The Lord your God… will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17

• A Valentine may give you flowers, but God sent you the most beautiful rose of all, Jesus.
“I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.” Song of Solomon 2:1

• A Valentine may take you out to dinner, but God has invited you to the most amazing feast ever given.
“Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” Rev. 19:9

• A Valentine may bring you chocolates, but God provides you with something even sweeter, His Word.
“How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!” Ps. 119:103

• A Valentine may be far away, but God is always with you.
“I am with you always.” Matt. 28:20

• A Valentine may give you something, but God has given you everything.
“God…gives us righly all things to enjoy.” 1 Tim. 6:17

• A Valentine may love you for a lifetime, but God loved you before you were born and will love you for all eternity!
“Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love… with loving kindness I have drawn you.” Jer. 31:3



Praying you were and will always be blessed by the amazing love of God, our Divine Valentine!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I'm glad you had a nice Valentine's Day. I love the message on the e-card about our Divine Valentine. His love is truly amazing!

Camille said...

That was such a sweet message! I loved it.
Glad to see that you are all doing well. I miss you girls much and I hope that one day I'll get to meet the rest of this wonderful family! =)
<3 Lots of Love <3
~Camille =)