Some of you might have heard about the explosion that occurred today (October 19th) here in Makati City, Manila. We are grateful for God’s protection as it occurred very near to our home. The explosion (which was thought to be a C-4 bomb explosion) happened at about 1:30 P.M. in the Glorietta mall right below our apartments. This is a four floor mall with four wings.
Our apartments are located on top of wing four, and the explosion was in wing two—opposite of us. We felt a slight impact of the explosion when it occurred, but there was no damage to our apartments. All of the Texas Instrument families are safe.
As soon as it happened, we saw people evacuating and smoke and debris coming from that portion of the mall. As of now, there are around 8 dead and about 80 wounded. It was an explosion that went through four floors and damaged a portion of the roof in that section of the Glorietta.
Please pray with us for the families of the victims. Security in Metro Manila is extremely tight and the entire mall is shut down right now. It is a good time to be a witness to those who are fearful. As we know fear does not come from the Lord. “For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind,” 2 Timothy 1:7.
Friday, October 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey girls, I'm sorry to hear about the explosion... I'm so very glad that y'all were safe though. *Hugs*
Hi Sarah,
I just sent you an e-mail. I had not seen this post before I sent it. I'm so glad you all are safe! We will be praying for you!
Love,
Megan
Post a Comment