This Treetop Adventure (situated 100 feet above ground) included about 4 different activities for visitors to participate in. We signed up for 3 of them: the treetop ride, the Superman experience, and the rappelling fall.According to one of our friendly, entertaining tour guides, it was important for us to complete these activities in that particular order (treetop tour, Superman, then rappelling). This order, he said would help us “lose any possible fear of heights” and prepare ourselves for the rappelling (helicopter style), which came at the end of our adventure. He definitely had a good point.:-)
So, after gearing up, we (along with our guides) started off with the slow, relaxing portion of our adventure on the motorized cable car ride (similar to ski lifts). As we made our 1-hour ride through the treetops, our guides shared with us some interesting facts about various jungle survival tips. We learned which of the plants below us were filled with good drinking water as well as which ones were poisonous and even deadly.According to one of our guides, the toxic plants could make one “pass away fast.” :-) Maybe we should have paid more attention when they pointed out those plants to us….
After the treetop tour, we soared across the Superman zip-line. Wow. That was definitely an exciting way to get a 450 feet whirlwind tour of the jungle!
As we headed towards the rappelling platform, our guide gave us the option of rappelling down the rope 3 different ways: sitting position, face down (horizontal), or head down (vertical). We decided to try the horizontal facedown position. Let’s just say that it’s pretty much impossible to fall 60 feet and not scream at the same time.:-) That kind of rappelling was certainly a thrill!We really enjoyed our morning at Treetop Adventure. It was a good chance for us to “recharge,” inhale some fresh jungle air, and enjoy a unique way of playing in the trees.:-)
4 comments:
I just want to add that it was a free-fall rappelling.... ahahaha!!! But the man holding the rope at the bottom tightens the rope a few feet before your face gets to the ground! Funny thing is, I didn't loose my stomach... I guess it's just the way I was positioned... Fun times! Fun memories! The times you feel nervous, uncomfortable and even a little bit daring, are the times that make the best memories! Great pictures Mom and sis!
-Sarah-
WOW, you guys are brave...I enjoyed rappelling when I was at STEP, but that was only about 30 feet up...and there's no WAY I could have gone face down!! :) Sounds like you guys had a fun experience.
wow so you went there??? I didn't know that;) Great!! Hope you enjoyed... we've been in Bangkok this weekend, as you know, and it was just amazing, we really loved it...need to tell you a lot!!and show pictures!!
Good night,
Wiebke
Oh that sounds like such fun!! And yes, you are VERY brave. :)
Post a Comment